• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback GBG Improvements part 3

Thunderbummy

Marquis
I kinda have something against people who express sentiment like this. 'I'll only help my guild if there's something in it for me'. It's sad that the only way to get some players to participate in guild-oriented features is to essentially bribe them to do it. Would you not participate at all if there were no rewards other than the guild benefits? If everyone thought like that, how would guilds level up and provide bonuses to their members?
Thank you so much for your misplaced criticism qaccy. Fact is, that with 3 days left on this cycle, my guild, which incidentally I started as a "one man band" some years ago and have grow studiously since to be consistently one of the top ten guilds in the realm, is currently over 200K points ahead of the nearest rival in this GBG cycle. As a diamond league guild (started in silver) that is a pretty good achievement and it's not the only time that we have taken such a commanding lead. Additionally, I really can't remember the last time that I failed to complete 64 encounters in GE - certainly more that 1 year ago.
The point is, that whereas I would usually complete something well into 4 figures in terms of battles, I will now be satisfied with the 70/80 battles per day that attrition allows without siege camps. To push on beyond this requires constant investment in siege camps and very often the need to accelerate building them by spending diamonds. The only reason for me to do this is for personal rewards. Battle points & medals mean nothing to me. As with special events, if I don't like the prizes, I'm not spending the diamonds. Pray tell what is so selfish about that?

Miepie

Baronet
idea: replace those attackboost prices we get with those new fragments, they seem about as useless. That way, the other rewards can stay as they are

I kinda have something against people who express sentiment like this. 'I'll only help my guild if there's something in it for me'. It's sad that the only way to get some players to participate in guild-oriented features is to essentially bribe them to do it. Would you not participate at all if there were no rewards other than the guild benefits? If everyone thought like that, how would guilds level up and provide bonuses to their members?
I love the circular logic in this quote :rolleyes:

So, player's should always help their guild out of selflessness, and not for personal gain, but if everyone only helped their guild out of selfishness, so therefore stop helping the guild if there is nothing in it for them, how would the guild be able to create rewards (that you aren't supposed to want because of selflessness) to members?

The reality is that everything people do in the game is done to help themselves first, and the guild or others second. If no rewards or benefits were available to players directly in the guild (and swap threads, 1.x threads, S2B, free trading, guild level rewards, etc. are all benefits), the only guilds that would exist would be either single player guilds or maybe a few guilds with close friends.

Miepie

Baronet
Actually there should be a balance, you do for your guild, your guild does for you. No, I don't think there will be less participation from guildmembers (different story if they dished the fp rewards completely) but announcing something as a special treat while it's just an ordinary nerf, no, doesn't go down well

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Could you change the bonus of the road to victory to something like:
+X% chance to double the progress gained from an encounter (accumulated from all RtV from all guildmates) or +x% to double the reward gained from an encounter or any other effect, as long as it becomes a real guild benefiting building?

Main problem with this would be that big guilds would max out quickly while small guilds do not see so much benefit, so the bonus could decrease with every RtV placed in the guilds:
  • first 10 RtV in the guild could give 2%,
  • 11th to 20th RtV give 1%
  • 21st to 40th RtV give 0,5%
  • 41st+ RtV give 0,2%
Example:
  • Guild with 80 Members, each putting down one RtV, would have 48% chance for the effect to trigger
  • Guild with 20 members, each putting down two RtV, would have 40% chance for the effect to trigger

EDIT: even if the +x% values were lower, it would still be a desireable building...

Last edited:

Claus20

Merchant
Actually, this update is a destroy of GBG. It would be best if instead RtV to add more levels to the statue.
In the first place, this RtV decreased the chances of winning FPs and Diamonds. What could be the motivation for players to participate in GBG from now on?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Actually, this update is a destroy of GBG. It would be best if instead RtV to add more levels to the statue.
In the first place, this RtV decreased the chances of winning FPs and Diamonds. What could be the motivation for players to participate in GBG from now on?

Well I mean GBG rewards being nerfed would be understandable. People would still be motivated at a lower level of rewards. They might not be thrilled, but it's still free stuff.

The presentation of trying to disguise it as an 'improvement' leaves a bad taste. And the anomaly that this 'buff' only applies to platinum and diamond creates some... irregularities... where someone might prefer to be in gold rather than platinum if they're not capable of maintaining diamond.

podkap1970

Emperor
since this got moved to "Feedback released on live", nothing will change any time soon or never

the problem i see, GBG will not die, but be played a lot less (no motivation, because a good guild can eat those fragments already and a lot less FPs),
also a lot less siege camps will be build (because less good rewards), which also means a lot less Diamonds will be spent to finish those siege camps immediately
so you really think that was a good move to add those new fragments (road to victory) to the drop pool? i don't think so

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
since this got moved to "Feedback released on live", nothing will change any time soon or never

the problem i see, GBG will not die, but be played a lot less (no motivation, because a good guild can eat those fragments already and a lot less FPs),
also a lot less siege camps will be build (because less good rewards), which also means a lot less Diamonds will be spent to finish those siege camps immediately
so you really think that was a good move to add those new fragments (road to victory) to the drop pool? i don't think so

The live announcement explicitly excludes the road for now. So I'd say it's likely they're planning some sort of tweak (whether that be to the building or how it affects the drop table).

-Alin-

Emperor
Could you change the bonus of the road to victory to something like:
+X% chance to double the progress gained from an encounter (accumulated from all RtV from all guildmates) or +x% to double the reward gained from an encounter or any other effect, as long as it becomes a real guild benefiting building?

Main problem with this would be that big guilds would max out quickly while small guilds do not see so much benefit, so the bonus could decrease with every RtV placed in the guilds:
  • first 10 RtV in the guild could give 2%,
  • 11th to 20th RtV give 1%
  • 21st to 40th RtV give 0,5%
  • 41st+ RtV give 0,2%
Example:
  • Guild with 80 Members, each putting down one RtV, would have 48% chance for the effect to trigger
  • Guild with 20 members, each putting down two RtV, would have 40% chance for the effect to trigger

EDIT: even if the +x% values were lower, it would still be a desireable building...

If inno planning to change the bonus from RoV to this, I will delete all from my city to use the space for something more usefull.
For the moment it is a good building(there is room for a little bit more, like 8-10%), not for much time, other buildings will appear that will give more deffense boost while attacking/square.

maybe they change it and give it to gold league and lower

top league players don't need it :D

Top player still need deff boost while attacking, not many of them have the money to buy tons of diamonds to use in Events to get tons of Sentinel outposts and Rousioi tracks ...

And yes, every league should have the chance to gather RoV pieces not only Diamond and Platinum.

Last edited:

Nessie

Baronet
Top player still need deff boost while attacking, not many of them have the money to buy tons of diamonds to use in Events to get tons of Sentinel outposts and Rousioi tracks ...

And yes, every league should have the chance to gather RoV pieces not only Diamond and Platinum.

Fully agree, def boost for attacking army is very important but unfortunately neglected by InnoGames the last 8 years. Attack and Def are unbalanced.

The Road to Victory is really a building that is not worth putting, a 3x2 that gives only 5% bonus in defense for the attacking army and some good...
In my opinion, it could be done differently:
1) Adopt a "tiered" policy, like the Statue of Honor.
2) Reduce the size of the building.
3) Add in addition to the defensive bonus also a bonus in attack for the attacking army.

DeletedUser9938

I think RtV is a great building and i will build as many of them as i can get. Would be nice if the defence boost would get buffed a bit :)