• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

DeletedUser8707

When you complete the GE in automatic using only previous age troops there's something wrong with the game..........
Please change the troop capacities
...whats your boost? I did SAAB GE and used lvl4 Nail Storms (mostly auto, 1000/377%)

Luke Stark

Marquis
used Mars units on auto all the way in GE, it was easier then doing it in mars age to be honest, not that GE needs to be balanced but really the units are seriously underpowered...boost 900/200

qaccy

Emperor
To be fair, boost levels as high as the above aren't really indicative that anything's wrong. All that does is throw any attempt at balance completely out of whack.

For my part, I play with a far more 'reasonable' 301/251 boost for my attacking armies, much closer to the enemy values in GE, and I can say that I'm taking more damage/losing more units than I was in SAM, even generally using the same units. So Inno definitely achieved something here.

Feanor II

Baronet
To be fair, boost levels as high as the above aren't really indicative that anything's wrong. All that does is throw any attempt at balance completely out of whack.

For my part, I play with a far more 'reasonable' 301/251 boost for my attacking armies, much closer to the enemy values in GE, and I can say it's actually a bit harder than it was in SAM. This probably means that Inno achieved something with the SAAB units, if I'm doing basically the same thing I've been doing for months in GE and having a generally harder time.
But are you doing GE with SA:M units or SA:AB? I agree that within a vacuum SA:AB may be more balanced; the problem is that SA:M units (particularly the Steel Warden vs. Shredder and Sentinel vs. Hover Hammer) run roughshod over their SA:AB counterparts due to the range factor.

DeletedUser8707

For my part, I play with a far more 'reasonable' 301/251 boost for my attacking armies, much closer to the enemy values in GE, and I can say that I'm taking more damage/losing more units than I was in SAM, even generally using the same units. So Inno definitely achieved something here.
GE was different with SAAB units(8x nails or 8x Sentinels) and I think that I lost more units on level 4 than SAM. I must try using 4x Nails + 4x Rogues to cut losses on GE... some encounters really need 8x Nails when use Auto (next time must go manual and see if get ZERO dmg)

qaccy

Emperor
But are you doing GE with SA:M units or SA:AB? I agree that within a vacuum SA:AB may be more balanced; the problem is that SA:M units (particularly the Steel Warden vs. Shredder and Sentinel vs. Hover Hammer) run roughshod over their SA:AB counterparts due to the range factor.

I don't think it really matters, does it? My answer is that I'm using what's 'best' for the battle, and generally taking more damage. Whether that's using the same SAM units I usually use against what're now SAM/SAAB units instead of VF/SAM units or slipping in SAAB units when they make sense, losses are generally higher. In effect, this means that SAAB units, as underwhelming or weak as they may appear, have made GE 'harder'. Right?

Wilson5

Merchant
I've noticed that Hover Hammers have the same AI quirk as Hydroelectric Eels in OF do. Normally, they'll charge across the field to whatever rock formation is furthest out (terrain bonus) on their first turn. However, when paired with artillery (like the B.E.L.T), they'll hang back and only move to whatever rock formation is closest instead. Seems like an insignificant difference, but it's something to be mindful of when using Rogues because it means the Hammers often won't be able to reach them even on their second turn and will likely attack your normal unit(s) (or transformed Rogues) instead.
Wow. That is kinda real pro player remark.

Sl8yer

Regent
I've noticed that Hover Hammers have the same AI quirk as Hydroelectric Eels in OF do. Normally, they'll charge across the field to whatever rock formation is furthest out (terrain bonus) on their first turn. However, when paired with artillery (like the B.E.L.T), they'll hang back and only move to whatever rock formation is closest instead. Seems like an insignificant difference, but it's something to be mindful of when using Rogues because it means the Hammers often won't be able to reach them even on their second turn and will likely attack your normal unit(s) (or transformed Rogues) instead.

Hate to tell you this, but that's a quirk every unit has since BA. It goes so far that they even move back, to group around artillery.

Wilson5

Merchant
Hate to tell you this, but that's a quirk every unit has since BA. It goes so far that they even move back, to group around artillery.
I don't hate to tell that when I tested that, it didnt work so if there were light unit with artillers, also worked only with sentinels.
But only if there were heavy unit, shredders with 3 new arts. So kind protecting them only. Not so simple feature. And with sentinels it didnt help to protect even themselves. Quite a work to test how they really work. If know then maybe there is way to use that feature somehow. But if I find it I wont tell such old stories ;)
But maybe it has been so before also exactly same way. Hate to not know ;)
New test, now with 6 sentinels and 2 rogues, machine side 2 shredders,3 hovers, 3 art
And exactly as he told, hovers still couldnt reach rogues by next round.
That way rogues will sure be left alone ;)
Testing more as I use those fight with flee after 7 done to farm 40 unit recurring ;)
Anyway something else to do now same time

Test3; Now I had myself light and shredder, artillers protected themselves so that I could use shredders or light units against them-
So even sometimes machine side work defensive way, not only stupid rush attack
But lot to test more to find secret perfect set to use and win EVERYBOOODY ;)
I bet there is such....
Test4: My set same as previous but machine side has no shreddes... and hovers come close so all can kill them. Shredder is the one to protect..

Last edited:

Yang10

Marquis
Is there a reason the new production buildings of SAAB are worse than the ones in SAM? They produce less supplies per tile and also require double roads, I don't get why we got worse production buildings if they are the only ones we can build in the age.

Mr.Quib

Squire
Is there a reason the new production buildings of SAAB are worse than the ones in SAM? They produce less supplies per tile and also require double roads, I don't get why we got worse production buildings if they are the only ones we can build in the age.
Haven't had a normal production building in my town in ages, do you still need them?

DeletedUser1293

When you complete the GE in automatic using only previous age troops there's something wrong with the game..........
Please change the troop capacities

you wish, don´t you.:p
keep it as they are please

Sl8yer

Regent

They are not the only ones you can build. You can build anyone you like.

Yang10

Marquis
It's sad to see this age go down like that. I knew the units were bad, but I didn't want the houses and supply buildings to be bad as well. Long lost were the days when we had variety in buildings, nowadays we only have one new building per category other than military, pity...