• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Settlement Updates

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
logo_cop_rework.png
Hello Forge Fans!

Our Settlements received an overhaul!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "We lost the culture." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Juber you've missed a comment a while ago with plenty likes. Just a kind reminder as it hasn't been forwarded or been told if there's a reason to decide against the mentioning of the publicly viewable forum w/o an account.
Pls include in announcements like this a link to the international (beta) forum, not just discord. Alternatively be upfront and transparent with the intentions for future feedback and giving access to information and discussions. A platform that disallows non-members to read discussions and accessing information shared on the platform and only refer to such a platform is imo very bad and user unfriendly.

As for the settlements update. When does this update hits live? So, we're better prepared for the potential changes.
I do like the effort the make replaying settlements more rewarding but disregarding the length of some settlements in regards of the duration of the temporal upgrades is too bad. For Mughals waiting so long before finally realising how sluggish and flawed the original design is, is extremely unfortunate but better getting an better experience than never. Particularly coins at the beginning is extremely hard. In the current state Mughals take me easily over a month. Combination of major coin bottlenecks and hostile final quest design: requiring too much diplomacy at the end. Unlike any other settlement which just require to collect sufficient coins alongside goods. Which is more aimed at efficiency and the essence of the settlements goal: establishing a strong city. Not collection of diplomacy buildings with nothing else.

Last edited:
Wow! QI just became a heck of a lot easier. The 28-day life of the upgrade is fine. It should enable players to have 2, perhaps 3, upgraded main buildings available continuously (maybe more when taking the secondary buildings' contribution into consideration). Thanks.

Thanks for the info about the changes.

Very good is: Some more Impediment removements (but didn't checked yet how many ;) ), shorter construction time: I hope that those are now similar to Polynesia - houses & first diplomacy 5 sec which is very comfortable) and changes about the quest rewards for the older settlements.
Though I cant say anything about the Mughal, as I didn't played it. Its not for me :)

Although, I don't like the change from 4h / 8h to 5h / 10h neither. Before I was able to run 2x 8h & 1x 4h (25 goods) or even 3x 8h (30 goods) a day. Now you can only get 20 goods with 2x 10h within the same day. If you really want to keep this, then I suggest to add at least 1 or 2 goods on top (so for 5h = 6/7 goods, and for 10h = 12/14 or even 15 goods. Then I would have almost the same daily production as before.

Furthermore: I suggest to raise with each run as well the Chance to get 4 time the amount of goods production. Currently this is stuck on 25%. I suggest to raise this for each run for 3-4% till a max for 50%. This would as well help with more runs that settlement wont be that painful.

And I really like the idea that the x4 chance would be extended for the settlement currency too. Because - along with build diplomacy buildings, delete them again - this is as well an annoying part from the settlement, and could easily be mitigated.

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Marquis
I really don't like settlements so I can't see me spending my time repeating them over and over and over just to win a time limited boost to my settlement building. It's bad enough in QI - I don't need any more of it in my life.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I really don't like settlements so I can't see me spending my time repeating them over and over and over just to win a time limited boost to my settlement building. It's bad enough in QI - I don't need any more of it in my life.
I like to respect your feelings since I am too may be more players have the same thought. But Polynesia settlement, you can do the quests in a slow manner just to grab those quest rewards because this settlement rewards are much helpful in the city for a player. If you are not satisfied with the quest rewards, then nothing forcing you play the settlement and totally agree with you like it's a recursive way of doing things for a certain period.

Goldra

Marquis
One question:
- Can we make more than one settlement at once?
Its because im not going to stop making polinesian settlements to finish it building, to make other settlement to have the limited upgrade. Its much better spend your time achieving a full settlement, than achieving the limited upgrade. And you sayed that it will be new settlements in hte future.

Atokirina

Squire
5. More Premium Expansions
Until now, the grid of each settlement offered more space than could be utilized with the available expansions. We've addressed this by introducing additional Premium Expansions, unlocking the full potential of your settlement's grid. These expansions can be purchased with Diamonds, giving you the opportunity to fully realize your visionary layouts and strategies.

6. Added Speed-Up-Functionality
We're bringing a powerful new feature to your settlements — the ability to speed up productions and reduce waiting times with the use of Premium Currency. Whether you're eager to advance more quickly or just find yourself in need of a timely boost, this new functionality offers a convenient solution. For just 50 (Goods productions) or 150 Diamonds (Reduce Waiting times), you can now cut any production or waiting time by 50% each time you're using it.

More and more P2W ...

Without this, it would've been a pleasant change.

Aerendil

Squire
With the first given completion of polynesia I got a full Upgrade kit for
Ascended Hut of the Sacred Instruments
contrary to the description
The upgrades can only be gained by first completing all general play-throughs of a settlement, which allow you to upgrade your main settlement building to it's maximum level. After completing a settlement, it is still possible to continue playing it for additional rewards. In the past this has been 50 Forge Points and is now replaced by the new rewards: The Time-Limited Upgrades for the main settlement buildings.
and also the next rewards says I'll get another ascended hut if i'm in time.

Actually I like it that way better. We all start with one upgrade(for the given finish) and everyone playing the settlements gets also the speicial upgrade kits.thats more motivation for the players who neglected their settlements

More and more P2W ...

Without this, it would've been a pleasant change.
Specially this:
For just 50 (Goods productions) or 150 Diamonds (Reduce Waiting times), you can now cut any production or waiting time by 50% each time you're using it.

10 goods cost 50 Dias. So why you should spend 50 Dias and then wait again 5 hours, if you could get it right away...? ;)

Thunderdome

Emperor
So, once again, whose idea was this to further becoming the "greedy noob" while slamming us with "toddler allowances"?

This update is a direct insult to all the players with wanting diamonds to drop the production time to 50% each time. So, basically, a player has to stop spending the diamonds when they either get to a set time they wanted to collect or they don't have enough diamonds to continue. In the past, it was just the fixed amount for auto-completion on the coin based productions and nothing on the goods production. Typically lost here.

Not only that, but I do 24-hour productions, in the past, with my busy schedule. The 20-hour is somewhat a step up without affecting the output, but we will see if it was feasible.

Impediment tools and gimmicks was the reason why I didn't do Aztecs and only stuck to Feudal Japan in my run throughs, at my own pace. There were only a few limited tools given (unless this update did increase the number by a good amount -- and 1 isn't a good amount in my opinion) in the Aztecs one that didn't do any justice for the large footprint buildings. I probably won't care since I was already used to impediments (Japan and Vikings have small footprint buildings thus far to be not worried about these little inconveniences) and knowing which to place next to.

I was going to offer the suggestion of completing a playthrough with diamonds but they (Inno) probably want like 10k diamonds or some stupid amount for the completion.

I give it a half FS for a little bit of trying.

All Free Now

Marquis
please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
  • Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.
  • Expansions as rewards. The game is meant to be played with the space available, it is part of the challenge to decide what to put and keep in your city.
  • New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game.
  • Changes to existing rewards.
  • Changes/Removal/Additions of premium features.
Note: These are things that InnoGames are not looking for currently. Please also note that does not mean that we will not revisit these ideas going forward, just that they won't be forwarded at this time.
Just realised if any forum member suggested these, CMs or some members might have said DNS for sure. But now product head giving this information and we should only give feedback.

For better, remove or modify DNSL so that forum members can suggest better balancing ideas to improve game feature.

As a feedback,

- settlement full buildings now having timely upgrade kit is a classy move. I was expecting a fragments solution but okay. Pretty sure, same timely upgrades going to come for great buildings too.

- extra expansion with premium is not good instead they could have brought new item like QI shards which gets produced in settlement townhall to use it for having extra expansions since townhall is 24hr cycle timer.