• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2023

Kronan

Viceroy
To be really candid, those Winter Wonder Retreat items are really, REALLY - MEH.
There was a discussion of what all these negative happiness buildings are going to do, will do, might do, etc... to cities.
A few people mentioned it's a non-event since Inno changed the game a while back so that everyone gets 120%, right?

So what's the downside of getting and staying at ANGRY frown guy @ 50% - just less coins and supplies?
Or getting to 100% - just a normal city.

Anyone have the skinny on what the new happiness calculus is all about, and if loading up on all there NEGATIVE buildings will hurt?

We should really understand this. People in live are all raising questions on this, and live will get the event in a few days.

Pirowars

Farmer
There's an error. All the nog shops creating (different) selection kits. Allowing you to build the whole pyramid with a nog shop level 4. Not just a gold kit.

and between the 4 nogs there should be the 3 different upgrades for it

because you can't get a level 4 nog directly

;)

Modification made

a99j.png

Modification made

a99j.png
This is a beautiful piece of work! Thanks.

I am confused about one thing. In the diagram, the L3 and L4 Elfies show that they produce fragments of the base Wonderland Pyramid. However, the announcement released to the US servers says that the Level 3 Elfies produces frags of the Pyramid Silver Selection kit and the L4 Elfies produces fragments of the Pyramid Gold Selection kit. Do the Silver and Gold selection kits include the option to build/upgrade the base building?

CrashBoom

Legend
This is a beautiful piece of work! Thanks.

I am confused about one thing. In the diagram, the L3 and L4 Elfies show that they produce fragments of the base Wonderland Pyramid. However, the announcement released to the US servers says that the Level 3 Elfies produces frags of the Pyramid Silver Selection kit and the L4 Elfies produces fragments of the Pyramid Gold Selection kit. Do the Silver and Gold selection kits include the option to build/upgrade the base building?
from the silver selection kit you can chose: building, normal upgrade, silver upgrade
from the golden selection kit you can chose: building, normal upgrade, silver upgrade, golden upgrade

those kits are different from fragments of just the silver or golden upgrade that you get in the winter prizes or from the building itself

so if I would have 100 fragments of the golden upgrade I would let the silver building level give me the remaining fragments
and those selection kits I would just use for building / normal upgrade

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
but not yet perfect
a perfect diagram would also differentiate between
silver upgrade fragments & silver selection kit fragments
golden upgrade fragments & golden selection kit fragments
and silver and golden selection kit fragments can't be combined either

so from normal pyramid to silver pyramid there would be 3 silver arrows up
one for each way to upgrade it: silver upgrade / silver selection kit / golden selection kit

and from silver pyramid to golden pyramid there would be 2 golden arrows up

oh wait:
to the normal pyramid there would be 3 green arrows instead of 1
normal selection kit / silver selection kit / golden selection kit

but perfect would be too complicated to understand

but perfect would be too complicated to understand
For me, perfection includes simplicity. Not more details that required. But if we have lines from each nog shop to created building, than we need all the lines. Otherwise users think they cannot upgrade the pyramid to silver when only having the L4 nog shop.

Btw. what about swapping the order direction of the nog shops or pyramids to reduce the crossings (both either ascending or descending)? I think that makes it easier to understand.

Douglas 221

Farmer
I want to ask this question and ask for some legitimate positive replies. With each of the new events and improvements to the event buildings in stats, at what point are the vast majority of Great Buildings going to be obsolete? GE5 rolls out and everyone jumps to get the DC and SBC buildings to help them fight in GE5 but There are currently event buildings much smaller which can easily replace one of those GBs. A Deal Castle at level 89 gives 70% for att/def for city defense. 3 Monster Wares Boutiques can easily replace that one Great Building. So when a player gets so many event buildings which not only match but over come the stats for GBs where will our FP go? Sure if you are in Titan you can focus it on the 3 new buildings. But for a long time player who has stayed in Future Era and plays all the events and continues their city in that era what will they focus their FP after their Arc gets to 180 and say Observatory to 130? The new event building already gives 11 troops and almost every smaller building in the Halloween and Fall events have given troops... why build an Alcatraz? Are players just going to continue to bank the FP like they do coins to the point they have a Gazillion stored?
Will we see introductions of lower age newer GBs which require more FP? Will some of the GBs get updates like Observatory when GvG goes away?

Kronan

Viceroy
@Douglas 221 - yup... been connecting those dots for a while now. Why lift a Zeus that's near level 100 for thousands of FP, for 1% more A/D? Just insane. FP inflation in game makes you flush with FP, that has to go somewhere.

That's why so many are following the ARC trek North to 180... CF - up she goes, too. AO - of course? Yes, those buildings are worthy investment to many because their perceived value increases a bit more fairly, as you lift it.
I can't see 1% every 2 levels on a Zeus, TA, CoA or CdM - especially when I have 500/500 A/D already.

That's why in beta, which is a NEW CITY development more in tune with MODERN PLAYING of FoE and INNO's game changes, I only lifted my Zeus to 11 and CoA to 11 (as an early IA player). They're still taking up my IA real estate, but most likely - I'll delete the CoA when I spawn other items that will use that 24 squares more efficiently.

So ...

Best deal in town is a Zeus quickly lifted to 11, for 31% A/D in 6 squares. Then left alone.
CoA @ 11 is 31% A/D too, but takes 24 squares. Horrid - but helpful in the early city development game for something to create fighting strength.

You can now get event buildings and their kin and what those kin spawn and be very skilled without 90% of the GBs in the game.

In the IA, I have a CF (a must have for early gaming/starting a new city), a BG (because nothing beats a double on these new monster event buildings), a Zeus @ 11, CoA @ 11 an Arc (of course), and an HC, which is ONLY @ 10 - where it's very very efficient.

I need 1 more building: An AO. Not for the FP - but for the boost to create a fighting 150% critical hit (and a chance of a 1 shot kill).

Most other GBS are superfluous and you're right - the concept they delivered in the early game of FoE was brilliant - but they're rapidly anachronistic now.

Want to get acquainted with some event building horsepower?

Start here: Forge of Empires: Sortable Building Table (All Stats, All Ages)

Last edited:
I will repeat an earlier question: have the developers been advised of what we've been saying, or is beta just another world for them to extort our money? Are they doing anything to make this a bit more palatable for the average (ie, not Bill Gates) player?

When event buildings become so unattainable that one has to pay a ton of money, then why does Inno even expect players to take part in the event anymore?

Janine83

Farmer
The chocolate gold kit is too far back in the prizes. I‘ll have a second pyramid before getting this.
This will be the first time I won‘t achieve getting that golden upgrade. Neither from the stars nor the league. Could only manage amateur by playing as usual. So would be pay to win for me. Calendar keys are also even more of a joke with the change.
Winter event is still the most boring event and sadly way too long.